Akillian was once a beautiful planet with lush forests and thriving cities, however when The Metaflux exploded during the Galactik Football Cup qualifying match, the force caused the planet to tilt on its axis, plunging the entire planet into an Ice Age that isolated Akillian from the other planets in the galaxy.
At the beginning of the series, the planet is covered in ice and snow. Certain areas of the planet are still populated however other areas of the large cities are encased in ice, one of which being the old Akillian Stadium. With the stadium considered cursed, football on Akillian has long remained absent except for Artegor Nexus's team The Red Tigers. It wasn't until Aarch arrived and assembled the Snow Kids that Akillian was recognised after 15 years of silence. And after the Snow Kids won the galactic football cup, Akillian was praised.
In season two, the status of the planet has not changed and has currently only been shown in one episode, The Homecoming.
In the past, Akillian had a beautiful fauna and flora and thriving cities. According to Norata, the "Akillian Star", a plant which is said to produce the most beautiful flowers, grew everywhere on the planet before the Ice Age. Now, Akillian is covered in ice and it snows almost every day of the year. Winter sports, such as snowboarding or skiing are very popular on the planet.
Notable Places on AkillianEdit
- Planet Akillian - A large restaurant where Mana-Ice works, considered to be the temple of football fans on Akillian. It is the most seen location on Akillian in the series.
- Akillian Stadium - Considered cursed after the events that occured 15 years prior to the series, the stadium was renovated by Aarch and Clamp and is the home training grounds for the Snow Kids.
- Rocket's cave - A small cave that has been renovated by Rocket to hide his secret passion for football from his father.
- Akillian is the only known planet to have two representative teams in the Galactik Football Cup: Snow Kids and The Red Tigers.
- During the Ice Age, little to no news came from Akillian, leaving the planet to be relatively forgotten by the galactic community.
- In one episode, Akillian was incorrectly named 'Alkilian' in the subtitle which named the planet.